Parklands College has aligned itself with the objectives of the National Qualifications Framework (NQF), which are to:
- create an integrated national framework for learning achievements
- facilitate access to and mobility and progression within education, training and career pathing
- enhance the quality of education and training
- accelerate the redress of past unfair discrimination in education, training and employment opportunities
- contribute to the full personal development of each learner and the social and economic development of the nation at large
These objectives encapsulate a number of key principles that underpin the NQF: integration, access, mobility, progression, quality, redress and the development of the individual and society.