Duration: Full Time for 1 year.
Admission Requirements: Matriculation Certificate or equivalent
Articulation Options: National Certificate in Early Childhood Development, NQF Level 5, SAQA ID: 58761. National Diploma in Early Childhood Development, NQF Level 5, SAQA ID: 64650.
Fee: Bi-Annually at the commencement of each semester: R8925 OR 1 Annual Payment R17000
International Compatibility: United Kingdom
Course Title: CACHE Level 3 Childcare and Education
The Occupational Certificate: Early Childhood Development has been designed to meet the needs and interests of the early childhood development sector in a variety of settings and contexts with an inclusive focus on education, health and safety issues, amongst others.
“There is a vast need for early childhood development services and it is critical that the field must be served by competent practitioners.”
In order to meet the needs at early childhood development level, it is important to be able to identify and recognise competent early childhood development practitioners who are able to work in centre-based and non-centre-based early childhood development settings.
We provide on campus practical training experiences that ensures that our ECD practitioners are continuously supported in their development and growth whilst allowing for optimal training quality.
PURPOSE OF QUALIFICATION
The purpose of this qualification is to prepare a learner to operate as an Early Childhood Development Practitioner. An Early Childhood Development Practitioner plans and prepares early childhood activities, facilitates and mediates learning, observes and assesses the progress of children, and reflects on learning in an inclusive, play based environment to support holistic development of children (from conception to four years of age) in different centre-based or non-centre based settings.
Formative assessments for all modules and work experience log sheets will be conducted and collated by Parklands College Further Education. A statement of results will be submitted for the External Summative Assessment through the Quality Council for Trade and Occupations Assessment Quality Partner. Foundational Learning Competence is a prerequisite for access to the External Summative Assessment.
Certified copies of qualifications and results in addition to transcripts of courses studied will be required with your application for enrolment.
This course is made up of the three following sections.
Knowledge Modules: 43 Credits:
• Introduction to the early childhood development sector, at NQF Level 4, 4 Credits.
• Theories and Perspectives of Child Development, at NQF Level 5, 6 Credits.
• Planning and Programme Development in early childhood settings, at NQF Level 4, 8 Credits.
• Facilitation and mediation of active learning, at NQF Level 5, 12 Credits.
• Observation and assessment in early childhood development, at NQF Level 4, 4 Credits.
• Promotion of health, safety and wellbeing of children, at NQF Level 4, 6 Credits.
• Administration for early childhood development services and programmes, at NQF Level 3, 3 Credits.
Practical Skill Modules; 43 Credits:
• Plan and prepare inclusive educational activities and routines using an approved programme based on the curriculum framework, at NQF Level 4, 12 Credits.
• Facilitate and mediate active learning in an integrated and holistic learning programme, at NQF Level 5, 9 Credits.
• Observe, assess, record and report each child’s progress according to the age and stage, at NQF Level 4, 4 Credits.
• Support and promote the health, nutrition, safety, protection and wellbeing of children, at NQF Level 4, 12 Credits.
• Build and maintain collaborative relationships with parents and other service providers, at NQF Level 4, 3 Credits.
• Prepare and maintain administrative systems, at NQF Level 3, 3 Credits.
Work Experience Modules; 45 Credits:
If you are interested in enrolling or have any questions kindly fill out the form below and we will contact you.