Exemplary teaching, innovative instructional activities, and authentic assessment are at the centre of the Parklands College curriculum programme. Academic staff design and deliver stimulating learning activities that nurture learners’ natural curiosity and creativity. Educators integrate the teaching of content knowledge and skills, along with 21st century and higher order thinking skills, within a rich technological environment that prepares our learners to enter the adult world with competence and confidence.
Curriculum implementation is guided by research and aligned with national guidelines and policies. We follow the national Curriculum and Assessment Policy Statements (CAPS) from Grade R through to Grade 12. Our seamless integration of technology into teaching and learning practices aims to produce learners who can:
- identify and solve problems and make decisions using critical and creative thinking;
- work effectively as individuals and with others as members of a team;
- organise and manage themselves and their learning activities responsibly and effectively;
- collect, analyse, organise, and critically evaluate information;
- communicate effectively using visual, symbolic and/or language skills; and
- use science and technology skills effectively and critically.
Throughout the College, our approach to learning is innovative, enriched and flexible, with an emphasis on success for every learner.